Monday, August 4, 2008

How Many Syllables Are In That Word?

The string of syllables has begun. It’s a little late, but here wearing a party dress none the less.

When I took Grace to her pediatrician two weeks ago for a check up, Dr. H asked if she was saying words or stringing syllables together yet.

My response? No not really, she more screeches than babbles. I don’t know what exactly she is saying, but she definitely is talking. We have whole screeching conversations like that.

He just looking at me a raised an eyebrow. For Dr. H, one of the nicest people I think I’ve ever met, that is concern. OK, well I would try and encourage her with practicing her “Mamamama, Dadadadada, Lalalalala” noises instead of screeching. Most kids are saying Mama and Dada by now, but she is perfectly normal and is just taking her own time with it.

Well, this weekend she started babbling away. Can you guess what her favorite is?

Dadadadada. Of course.

Matt kept telling her that she should say Mamama, but I know that he is IN LOVE with the fact that she went the Dada route first. And yes, I am incredibly jealous.

No comments: