Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chicago Trip – Excitements

I’m back with Part II of the blog. Things that I am excited about.

This is, in fact, much easier to write today given that Gracie FINALLY slept through the night for the first time in a week.

Although I do have to admit, starting around 12:30 am I did start waking up every 45 minutes or so to make sure she was still asleep. 1:15 am, ahh, no crying. 2 am, ahh, no crying. 2:45 am, ahh, no crying. All the way up until my alarm went off. Not thrilled that I kept waking up, but hey, I instantly fell back to sleep and never had to actually get up.

So things that I am looking forward to with this trip:

1. The triathlon. On some level, I’ve actually begun to enjoy going to these events. It appeals to my/our plan-a-holic natures. Originally, when my Mom and Jerry said they wanted to come, I didn’t think much of it. OK, sure, come on down! Now, I am realizing that on top of getting to spend extra time with them, it will be a tremendous amount of help. Plus I now have people to drink breakfast booze with!

2. Dinner in the city. Alone. We love Chicago. Jeanine has volunteered to take Grace back to her house after the triathlon, so that gives us Sunday night all to ourselves. I’m not sure what we are going to do, but you’d better believe it will end with an Ambien.

3. Boat rides. Matt’s dad’s place in on a lake, so I imagine there will be at lease one ride on his pontoon boat. I am fairly certain that Gracie will LOVE it.

4. Cheese (and maybe jerky.) I am one that usually can’t come up with too many things that I like about Wisconsin as a state, but they do make some killer cheese. I know it’s cliché. It is one of those stereotypes are there for a reason though. Cheese curds here I come.

5. Fire trucks. Jerry is working his 24 on Thursday when we are heading back down to my parents. Assuming the timing works out, we will stop by the fire house and show Gracie the trucks.

6. Family. I think there will be a low key soirée on Friday at my Mom’s with family that I haven’t seen in awhile. In fact, I think there will be at least one person there that has never seen Grace.

So there we are. It wasn’t so hard. I just need to not get overwhelmed with the planning and packing. Once Matt leaves Friday morning, it will all be downhill.

See you soon!

No comments: