Friday, June 12, 2009

Tiny Violins Please

This week has been a whirlwind.

An unpleasant whirlwind of pressure and illness and doctors and disappointments and doctors and pain meds and a million things to accomplish.

I have been crabby and a hairs breath away from crying at a moments notice. So I’m just going to type it all out, as the weekend is almost here, and try and let go.

- Grace had a fever for 3 days and was prescribed the amoxicillin that she hates, so now twice a day it is a battle to the death to shoot nasty, gritty medicine into her mouth.
- I was all ehem *bloated and moody* when I weighed in this week and was told I gained 2.2 lbs despite having eaten little more than salad and grilled chicken for 7 days. So I went home and ate a deep fried burrito.
- I finally swallowed my pride and showed my doctor a lump on my butt that was getting bigger. She said it was nothing to worry about, but was to big for her to remove and proceeded to have me show about 20 different people before I was surgically removed on Wednesday. The stitches hurt a lot more than I thought it was going to and the pain meds they gave me make me loopy.
- I was told by my boss - despite my monthly requests for him to schedule the activities I need to complete to qualify for my next promotion – the I should have been more proactive and now it is too late for me to get my promotion on time. I assume it will be at least 6 months late.
- I am applying for a new job. However, the same boss failed to file a required piece of paperwork properly, so now my stomach is in knots trying to locate alternative copies.
- I am going to another doctor today for a throat inspection. I seem to keep *not* getting strep throat, but some mysterious throat infection that seems to have my doctor concerned. Which makes me concerned. Plus, I swear the still have garlic breath from the deep fried burrito.

Life is grand. I feel like I am going to snap.

On the up side, today is the daycare graduation / spring program, during which Gracie is supposed to count to ten. I’m not quite sure what this means, but I will have my camera ready.

No comments: