Friday, May 8, 2009

101 Things to Do

I’m now realizing how fast the next few months are going to fly by.

I keep obsessing about our June trip. We made a decision. New York. I couldn’t be more thrilled.

Plus, there really is an added bonus of it being a family trip. It is giving and selfish all at the same time. We’ve talked about bringing my mom to NYC several times since we moved to the East Coast. It has never materialized though.

With this trip, we get to expose Holly and Grace to Central Park, the Zoo, 5th Avenue shopping, museums, iconic restaurants – all the things that I adore about the city – with the added bonus of Matt and I being able to escape at night for continued New York saturation.

That trip is at the end of June. Our calendar is filled until then.

This weekend was supposed to kick off Matt’s triathlon season, with a little local 5K run.

It was going to be momentous because not only was it the first 5K he ever ran, now two years later he had a decent chance of winning his age group. Not the race – some high school track kid was sure to kick his butt - but he would have been a solid contender for his age group. Sadly, it was cancelled last weekend.

We will not be bored though. In the upcoming weekends we (by we I mean HE, but I will be there cheering so it is my time suck too) will:
~start building our pool deck
~the Columbia Triathlon
~continue building the deck
~the Pocomoke Triathlon (which is really a fun family trip to the Eastern Shore, but still another event)
~hopefully finish building the deck
~graduation/birthday parties
~the Eagleman Triathlon
~have one weekend off (maybe a pool party?)
~trip to New York
~4th of July weekend (with the possibility of another pool party?!? – because hey – the deck was a lot of time and money. People should come appreciate it!).

Whew. I get tired just thinking about it.

No comments: