Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Table Turning

Over the last week, Grace has developed her new favorite word. Much to my dismay it is 'no'.

No. No. No.

No. No. No.

It's driving me nuts.

I know it must occasionally slip out of our mouths, but I have been really conscious about not using the word 'no'. In fact, I am positive that I curse in front of her much more often than I say 'no'. I blame Gwen, a daycare cohort, for this word.

So in retaliation, for every No. No. No. that Gracie belts out, I counter with Yes. Yes. Yes.

She knows the difference. If you ask her if she wants ... say cookies ... the answer is a resounding Yes.

Today, while trying to put her down for an afternoon nap, Grace started pulling my hair.

I was frustrated. I snapped. I said, "Oww! No. No. No. That hurts Mama!"

Without missing a beat, she smiled, looked me square in the eye and said, "Yes. Yes. Yes."

No comments: