Friday, September 26, 2008

The Wave

My mom calls Gracie “Princess Grace.” It drives me nuts, but what am I going to say?

I can dictate what Gracie will call her though, thereby over ruling all the crazy names she is trying to title herself with. All because “Grandma” makes her sound old.

Guess what lady? You are old and your dragging me down with you too! So get over it!

Over the last few months she has been clinging to the title of “Grams.” OK, I’m fine with that one, but I still insist that GRACE will get to decide what she calls her, not the other way around.

Anywho – I digress –

Grace has been clapping for a few weeks now. Yesterday though, when I went to pick her up from daycare, she pulled out the wave. The kid crawled right up to me, sat down and waved. Just like she had been doing this for weeks too.

The wave was then followed by a round of applause, by me, Grace herself and most of her playmates (because babies don’t really need to know WHY they are clapping to clap. It is just fun.)

Due to the distraction of having to dodge raindrops on our dash from daycare to car, I completely forgot all about the new skill. I know – horrible parent.

When we got home though, Matt came out to meet us in the garage. What does Gracie do? She waves at him of course. Full out princess wave. I guess my mom isn’t so far off on her titles after all.

We are still calling you Grandma though!

No comments: