Friday, September 12, 2008

Closing Days of Babyhood

One more month.

We have exactly 30 days until my baby is no longer a baby. I know I have blogged about this before, but I am sad. Is it possible to be excited and sad at the same time?

I can only imagine the developments that will take place in her last month of babyhood though. Gracie has grown so much. She is crawling so quickly and pulling up on everything. She is reading books with us and knows what comes next. She will eat a quarter of a chicken breast and a full adult serving of veggies at dinner!

Oh, and she is feisty too. Apparently, she screamed when she wasn’t the first to get her diaper changed at daycare yesterday. Her teacher, who is an immigrant, always says it is good that Gracie is a fighter. That in America you have to fight for everything.

Is that really true?

Well, I still have 30 more days to baby my baby. And on the 31st day, I will still baby her. I don’t care if the title changes to Toddler. She won’t HAVE to fight on my watch.

No comments: