Monday, September 15, 2008

The Power of Stoplights

I have a job interview this morning. I am incredibly nervous. I’m not so sure why, other than I think the job would be perfect for me. If I don’t get it, life will go on. It is no more money, just more experience, and I am desperate for experience right now.

As I neared the end of my drive into work today, my stomach started doing flip flops. The self defeating thoughts started burrowing into my head. I wanted to pull over on the side of the road and breathe before I started to cry.

Then two things happened.

My ‘beep beep’ went off on my radio to inform me that Bob Marley was here to save me with “Three Little Birds.” This is always an inherently happy thing in my world.

As I got to the refrain, I turned around (we were at a stoplight) to sing to Gracie. She turned her head, reached her hand up to touch me and gave me the most beautiful smile ever. Like she knew I needed it. And I did.

So to steal from my tweet, every little thing IS going to be OK. Thanks Bob!

Thank you Grace, for giving Mama just what I needed. Your smile can fix anything.

No comments: