Thursday, September 4, 2008

Red Foot, Blue Foot

One foot, two foot,
Red foot, blue foot.

This crazy Dr. Seuss rhyme is stuck in my head.

Tonight, Gracie was starting to figure out the one foot, two foot process of walking. With support of course and only for a dozen steps or so, but still...

One foot, two foot,
Red foot, blue foot.

As a parent, you want you kid to figure things out. To grow up. I am realizing though that no matter what milestone we are working on, I'll never really be ready for it.

Sure, I keep saying that I want her to walk by the beginning of November. Sure I keep saying that she needs to work on saying more words than just dada.

But what happens when her favorite word is the dreaded "No?" What happens when she turns and bolts away from me in a crowed place with her new found legs?

I know the answer is you suck it up and deal with it, while trying to cherish the memory of getting to those moments.

One foot, two foot,
Red foot, blue foot.

No comments: