Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our Love Will Never Sour

Yesterday, October 4, was our 5th wedding anniversary. 5 years married, 10 years together. It seems like yesterday that we were married. In fact, congratulations to our friends Kari and Antonio, who WERE actually married yesterday!

I digress ...

Life has become so hectic, that I put little thought into the day outside of the chores that we needed to accomplish to be ready for Gracie's birthday party next weekend and the meal I was going to make us for dinner since we were sans babysitter. We usually don't exchange big gifts because we always DO something to celebrate, but this year I didn't even get the poor guy a card.

The chores didn't go so well, but the meal was fantastic. Braised lamb shanks, butternut squash risotto and a fantastic bottle of Cab. Yummy.

Matt, on the other hand, had apparently been putting a lot of thought into my gift.

5th anniversary = wood. Hmmm.

You know what he got me? A tree. Some might not be excited, but I was. And not just any old tree, nope not my hubbie. The man got me a dwarf Meyer Lemon tree! Eeeeeeeeee! That is my foodie/green thumb loving squeal! Complete with 2 full grown lemons actually on the tree when I opened the box.

So in response to this fantastic and completely unexpected gift, here is my heart in written form:

Through all the day to day drudgery, you are my light. You are my companion. You are my life. You are my soul.

You know me better than I know myself most days and still love me despite my flaws. You take the world on your shoulders to give it back to me brighter, happier.

Every year with you gets better, more comfortable, more loving. There has never been a second of our life together when I didn't not believe 100% that we were meant to be together.

You are right my Love, our love will never sour, despite the new presence of a lemon tree in our home.

No comments: