Friday, March 2, 2012

Milestones

I've been gone for awhile. I just feel.... burn out again. But a fun new tool at work has provided me an opporunity to blog there, so I though when they will work why not cross post? So here you go. It is the best of both worlds.

************************************************************

I seem to live my life a little like a project plan.
In the early months of the year I map out my milestones. The things to write on my calendar in a Sharpie to emphasize their significance. The things that keep me going, fueling me to count down the days and save my leave to spend it in big, glorious chunks:  the beach,  with friends in NYC,  celebrating my brother's marriage.

I anticipate these with almost a child-like enthusiasm amidst countdown calendars and ticking clocks and drumming finger tips. The outside world, my world, that does often times make this place feel like just a job. A means to an extraordinary end.

As I blocked off those days in my Groupwise calendar this morning, those blackened spaces have helped to motivate me. A few more sips of coffee and onto the next challenge. I have so much to get done, and only 38 days to the first milestone.

No comments: