Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dancin' Machine

Music and art is an emphasised standard for Gracie at daycare. Matt and I would like to take more credit for her growing love of dance and art and different from the everyday, but I know I have her teachers to thank.

Despite the credit going to us, spontaneous dance parties have become standard in our house. When Gracie was in inconsolable wailing newborn, two songs would calm her down. Matt bobbing like a mad-man to Peanut Butter Jelly Time with her and gently rocking while forcefully crooning (in Italian I might add) Con Te PartirĂ² by Andrea Bocelli. I know, it was in fact a war of two worlds.

These days, we moved onto more - umm - mainstream pop songs. Particularly Matt's pick of Sexy Back and Gracie's pick of Single Ladies. I know, but dude, she knows the words. She sings along. It's not like I've played these songs a million times in repeat. She just likes them and at least Single Ladies have a semi positive message.

So last night there was a Timberlake/Beyonce dace party. I finally took some good pictures.
It starts with manic Blues Brother's esqe dancing and stomping.....


Then the wild swinging starts .....



Followed by rhythm drums being pounding out on old plastic containers absconded from the kitchen ....


Finally, the collapse.

Because, after two songs at that pace you know you'd want to collapse too.

Welcome to our world. Won't you come on in?

No comments: