Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Snapshots

The Wii generally tells me I have the body of a 40 year old.

Johns Hopkins Prenatal Genetic Counseling Department says I have the woumb of a 20 year old.

Averaged together you get my actual age of 30-ish, but I'm going to go with the country's best doctors on this one and start claiming 20 all over again.

Today we had part 2 of our NT ultrasound, which primarialy checks for Downs Syndrome. I go because it is one more chance to see the creature inside of me kicking around. Our first attempt was a week ago and V2 was still a smidge to small to run the test. So back we went this morning.

The good part of having to use 6 hours of leave for this adventure was that since my blood had been drawn last week we received immediate results today. Hence my declaraton of a 20 year old woumb. They handed me a little peice of paper with a graph on it declaring that our risk of having a Downs baby is the same as someone 20 years old, 1 > 10,000. We'll take those odds.

So without further delay, the first good picture of the newest member of our family.

No comments: